AxCrypt is an open source file encryption software that integrates seamlessly with Windows to compress, encrypt, decrypt, store, send and work with individual files.
AxCrypt is great for protecting your documents such as private letters, correspondence, job information, medical information, financial details stored on a local hard disk or network server.
Just right-click any document file and encrypt it with AxCrypt. Viewing and opening for an update are just as convenient as before encryption due to AxCrypt's automatic decryption/open/re-encryption function.
If you use a Key-File on a diskette or USB thumb drive, your files will be encrypted to the highest level of protection as long the Key-File is kept secret.
AxCrypt Key Features:
- Secure any number of files using strong encryption.
- Double-click to edit/view with any application.
- Automatic re-encryption after modification.
- Absolutely no user configuration necessary or possible before use.
- Open source under GNU General Public License.
- 12 languages in one executable distribution.
- Extensive command-line interface for scripting and programming.
Last Update: April 20, 2017
Current Version: 2.1.1494.0
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 2008 / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Developer: AxCrypt AB