The K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack, you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
There are four editions of K-Lite Codec Pack:
- Basic. The Basic edition contains everything you need to play all the common video file formats. Such as AVI, MKV, MP4, OGM, and FLV.
- Standard. The Standard edition contains a few additional features compared to the basic edition. It contains Media Player Classic, which is an excellent player for video files.
- Full. The Full edition includes all features of the Standard edition plus GraphStudioNext, and a few extra DirectShow filters.
- Mega. The Mega edition is the complete pack. It additionally contains VFW/ACM codecs for video encoding/editing.
K-Lite Codec Pack Key Features:
- User-friendly and easy to use.
- Updated frequently with the newest and best components.
- Suitable for both beginners and advanced users.
- All included components have been carefully selected by codec experts.
- Offers a high level of flexibility.
- Works great with popular media players.
- Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack.
- Contains everything you need to play all your movies and music.
- Problems are found and resolved quickly thank to a huge user base.
Download K-Lite Codec Pack
Note: K-Lite Codec package includes K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool, a standalone utility that allows you to detect and remove broken references to codecs and filters and more.
Last Update: May 24, 2017
Current Version: 13.2.0
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Developer: Codec Guide