STANDARD Codecs (formerly Windows 8 Codecs) is a comprehensive audio and video codec package for Windows 7, 8 and 10. The installer will automatically remove most other popular codec releases from your computer before installing this package.
With this codec package installed you will be able to use any media player, limited only by the players’ capabilities, to play all movies and video clips. You won’t need to make any adjustments or tweaks to enjoy your media content immediately. It does not contain a media player and it does not associate file-types.
Note: STANDARD Codecs only contains LAV filters and VSFilter for subtitles. A more complete codec package is available here: ADVANCED Codecs
- Full-color thumbnails including FLV’s and 10bit MKV’s.
- (also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
- Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
- Explorer properties are displayed for non-native filetypes such as MKV and FLV
- Updated often – and has update notification built in
- Allow use of the PowerDVD decoders for 32bit LiveTV in Media Center.
- Support playback of MKV files on Extenders and on the Xbox One.
- Support use of the LAV filters with the Play To function for MKV files.
- Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
- Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
- Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
- Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker builtin.
- Support ‘Add to Windows Media Player List’ using right click on all files such as MKV.H264 / AVC, hi10p / HEVC codecs are available for use by all players.
Download STANDARD Codecs
Download from Megaleechers Server
Last Update: August 13, 2017
Current Version: 5.4.3
Arabic, Chinese Simplified/Traditional, Japanese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Polish, Swedish, Turkish
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
- update LAV filters 0.70.2.35
- update MediaInfo DLL 7.98
- update Icaros 3.0.2B2
- fix bitstream issue