VEGAS Pro is a professional software suite for non-linear editing (NLE) by Magix Software GmbH (Sony), that combines real-time SD, HD, 2K and 4K video editing with unrivaled audio tools to provide you the ultimate all-in-one environment whether you're a digital native, professional film producer or successful independent artist. Video/Audio production and DVD/Blu-ray disc authoring all in one powerful package.
The program by Sony is packed with the latest video and audio editing technologies, putting professional standards within easy reach. It features intelligent workflows and industry-leading editing tools such as workflow-optimized plug-ins for image stabilization, design dynamic titles and create custom DVDs and Blu-ray Discs.
HEVC and native ProRes capabilities support modern workflows and Smart video plug-ins easily prepare HD footage for use in 4K projects. Salvage unusable footage with image stabilization and add professional titles to create professional results. Author and burn DVDs and Bluray discs with full menus and actions as well as fine control over all encoding settings.
VEGAS products are the first choice when it comes to efficient video and audio editing. Sony VEGAS versions are suitable for both amateur and experienced film makers and any user can benefit from the innovative tools and efficient workflows in the software.
Supported Import formats: AAC, AA3, AVI, BMP, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV, HEVC, ProRes, AAC, AIFF, FLAC, LPEC, MP3, OGG, PCA, W64, WAV, WMA, BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, WDP, WMPhoto, DDS, DPX, EX, AAF, Premiere/After Effects (*.prproj), Final Cut Pro 7/ DaVinci Resolve (*.xml), Final Cut Pro X (*.fcpxml), EDL Text File (*.txt), Broadcast Wave Format, DVD Camcorder Disc, Closed Captioning.
Supported Export formats: AAC, AA3, AVI, BMP, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV, HEVC, ProRes, AAC, AIFF, FLAC, LPEC, MP3, OGG, PCA, W64, WAV, WMA, BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, WDP, WMPhoto, DDS, DPX, EXR, VEGAS Project Archive (*.veg), Pro Tools AAF File (*.aaf), Media Composer AAF File (*.aaf), Premiere/After Effects (*.prproj), Final Cut Pro 7/DaVinci Resolve (*.xml), Final Cut Pro X (*.fcpxml), EDL Text File (*.txt), XDCAM Disc.
VEGAS Pro 15 is available in three editions: VEGAS Pro Edit, VEGAS Pro and VEGAS Pro Suite (Compare editions).
Buy VEGAS Pro at 40% OFF
Grab special VEGAS Pro discount valid at MAGIX store!
- Superior audio control
- Stereoscopic 3D editing
- Perfect image stabilization
- Innovative video and audio editing tools
- Upscale footage to 4K and Ultra High Definition
- HEVC file support and native ProRes format support
- Titler Pro Express from NewBlueFX
- DVD and Blu-ray Disc Authoring
- Intuitive drag & drop workflow
- High Frame Rate (HFR) support
- Native XAVC Support
- High DPI Support
Download VEGAS Pro Trial
Download x64 (Online Installer)
Last Update: August 29, 2017
Current Version: 15.0.177
English, French, German, Spanish
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (64-Bit)
Developer: MAGIX Software GmbH
- A new MAGIX AVC/AAC codec significantly accelerates encoding on machines that utilize Intel® Quick Sync Video (QSV) technology
- A new MAGIX AVC/AAC codec significantly accelerates encoding on machines equipped with modern NVIDIA graphics card GPU technology
- The user can now select from the list of attributes of a copied timeline clip event to specify which attributes will be pasted into a target event
- ACES 1.0 support enable users to work with the expanded color spaces and dynamic range of modern cameras.
- More efficient handling of AVC files on the timeline through Intel QSV technology
- Picture-in-picture OFX plug-in enables the user to perform size and position adjustments of video at any of the four effects levels (including track and event) through parameter adjustment controls and direct interaction with the Video Preview window
- Crop OFX plug-in enables the user to quickly crop out portions of a video at any of the four effects levels (including track and event) through parameter adjustment controls and direct interaction with the Video Preview window
- The user can specify which track header buttons and controls appear on tracks and set these (separate for audio and video tracks) as project defaults for all new tracks in the current and new projects. Controls that have been hidden can be accessed through a new "hamburger button" menu
- LUT Filter OFX plug-in enables the user to apply LUTs to their project at any of the four supported FX levels (event, track, media, and video bus)
- Redesigned timeline clip events now contain headers to hold important information and buttons and can be customized through the hamburger button/menu system.
- The user can specify which controls appear in the transport area of both the Trimmer Window and the Video Preview window as project defaults for the current and new projects. Controls that have been hidden can be accessed through a new "hamburger button" menu
- A simple "one-click" option creates a freeze frame on all selected events touched by the timeline cursor
- Users can specify one of four options for the shading of the VEGAS Pro interface ranging from very bright to a dark interface
- Users can define the amount (strength) of color they want shown in their buttons
- Modern controls enable logical docking and undocking of windows and maximizing windows within a dock
- A user-friendly and intuitive Render As dialog box makes it easy to understand and specify render options
- The Share Online option now provides direct render-and-upload operations for YouTube, FaceBook, and Vimeo
- Optimized default user layout to reduce visual clutter
- Non-selected timeline clip events are now the same color as the corresponding track header while selected events are white. This (while directly opposite previous behavior) reduces visual "clutter" and the harsh appearance of events, particularly in large projects
- New layout option enables user to switch back to the VEGAS Pro 14 default layout, including revealing all buttons in the hamburger menu system
- The default Pan type has been changed to Constant Power which is the most logical and expected type
- Audio notification alerts you when your render is complete for all format types