RogueKiller is a free anti-malware software (written in C++) designed to detect and remove a wide range of known and unknown malware including generic malware and advanced threats like rootkits, rogues, worms. It also detects controversial programs (PUPs) as well as possible bad system modifications/corruptions (PUMs).
Based on powerful generic detections (heuristics), and on more classic anti-malware analysis (signature finding), It is able to find threats other anti-malware can't find because of the very aggressive and deep scanner (with Anti-Rootkit module).
RogueKiller is available in three editions: Free, Personal, and Technician.
RogueKiller Key Features:
- Simple user interface
- Kill malicious processes
- Stop malicious services
- Fix DNS, Proxy and HOSTS hijacks
- Unload malicious DLLs from processes
- Find/Kill malicious hidden processes
- Find and remove malicious autostart entries and registry hijacks
- Anti-rootkit capabilities