Kodu, originally named Boku, is a visual programming language by Microsoft's FUSE Labs, made specifically for creating games. It is designed to be accessible for children and enjoyable for anyone. The visual nature of the language allows for rapid design iteration using only an Xbox game controller for input (mouse/keyboard input is also supported).
Kodu can be used to teach creativity, problem-solving, storytelling, as well as programming. Anyone can use Kodu to make a game, young children as well as adults with no design or programming skills.
Microsoft Kodu Game Lab Key Features:
- High-level language incorporates real-world primitives: collision, color, vision
- Uses Xbox 360 Game Controller for input — no keyboard required
- Runs on XBox 360 and PC
- Interactive terrain editor
- Bridge and path builder
- Terrain editor – create worlds of arbitrary shape and size
- 20 different characters with different abilities
Download Microsoft Kodu Game Lab
Download Microsoft Kodu Game Lab (MSI)
Note: The KoduSetup.MSI file is system administrators installing Kodu via SCCM.
Last Update: June 12, 2016
Current Version: 188.8.131.52
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Developer: Microsoft Corp.