TidyTabs is a desktop enhancement tool that brings tabbed browsing to all of your programs. Ever wanted to have Chrome-style tabs in Windows Explorer, Microsoft Office or PuTTY? TidyTabs does just that in a way that it have nearly no impact on performance, even on slow computers.
TidyTabs permits you to easily organize your windows and to free up space on your desktop by letting you group your programs into tabbed groups. You can even group windows from different applications together!
TidyTabs will guess by itself that some window types will never need tabs. But if that's not sufficient, you can easily specify which application should have tabs and which one should not. Two clicks are enough to add an application to the blacklist or to the whitelist.
TidyTabs try to be as stealthy and non-distracting as possible. The tabs are hidden automatically when you don't need them, so that they don't get in your way. When they need to be visible, they stay semi-transparent until you actively use them.
TidyTabs has been designed to interoperate nicely with AquaSnap. Tabbed groups created with TidyTabs can easily be snapped, docked and tilled thanks to AquaSnap. Both tools are in fact very complementary and can permit you to achieve a major productivity boost.
TidyTabs is 100% free for a personal use. To use TidyTabs in a professional or commercial context, you'll need to purchase the Professional Edition.
TidyTabs Key Features:
- Give every window a tabbed user interface
- Interoperate nicely with AquaSnap
- Blacklist or whitelist programs
- Low on system resources
- Fully customizable
- Tab arranging
Last Update: March 27, 2017
Current Version: 1.2.1
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / Server 2008 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Developer: Nurgo Software
- Fixed: Sometimes, when a window is created close to the screen edge, the tab is incorrectly placed.
- Fixed: When cancelling the edition of a tab name, the tab name is not updated anymore when the window title is changed by the application.
- Fixed: When auto-grouping is enabled for explorer.exe, the copy progression window of explorer.exe should be ignored (Windows 8 and Windows 10).
- Fixed: Problem with the Excel's Visual Basic Editor window.
- Fixed: When several Excel windows are grouped, closing a tab closes all the excel windows.
Full Release Notes