Google Earth is an virtual globe app released in June 2005, that let travel the world and explore new places with a swipe of your finger. Google Earth puts a planet's worth of imagery and other geographic information right on your desktop. Easily view satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, galaxies far in space, and the deepest depths of the ocean.
With Google Earth you can fly from space to your neighborhood-just type in an address and zoom right in, search for schools, parks, restaurants, and hotels. Get driving directions, tilt and rotate the view to see 3D terrain and buildings, save and share your searches and favorites and even add your own annotations.
Google Earth is available in three editions Free, Pro (both free), and Enterprise. Since Version 7.3, Google Earth "Free" and Earth Pro have been combined into a single product, Earth Pro. Available free of charge since 2015, Earth Pro contains all features found in Earth "Free" and adds features geared towards enthusiasts and GIS professionals:
- Measure area, radius and circumference on the ground
- Use Movie Maker to produce media collateral
- Print high-resolution screenshots for presentations and reports
- Make compelling offline movies to share (Windows, Mac only)
- Import large vector image files to quickly map GIS data
- Map addresses with the Spreadsheet Importer
- Explore rich geographical content
- Zoom from outer space to street level
- Search for business locations
- Visualize your GPS tracks and share with others
- Fly around cities (or the entire world) in 3D
- Go back in time with historical imagery
- Dive beneath the surface of the ocean
- Sophisticated streaming technology
Download Google Earth Pro
Download for All Platforms (Online Installer)
Download for Windows (Offline Installer)
Download for Mac OS X (Offline Installer)
Note: You can also use Google Eearth using Chrome browser, https://www.google.com/intl/iw/earth/.
Last Update: August 25, 2017
Current Version: 126.96.36.19932
Languages: Multiple Languages
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Mac OS X 10.8 or later
Linux - LSB 4.1 (Linux Standard Base) libraries
Developer: Google Inc.
- Earth "Free" and Pro have now been combined into a single product, Earth Pro.
- Windows: Windows 7 is earliest version supported.
- Windows: new installs default to OpenGL mode.
- Mac: Mac OS 10.8 is earliest version supported.
- Mac: application is now 64-bit.
- Mac: antialiasing option is now available.
- High-resolution ("high-DPI", "Retina") display support.
- New Repair Tool to reset cache data, settings, and fix application startup issues.
- Updated Movie Maker tool with new video formats.
- Improved image saving, printing and movie making performance.
- Web Inspector tool available for KML balloons.
- HTML5 videos such as YouTube embeds work in placemark balloons.
- Updated and improved internal Web browser and security.
Release Notes / 7.3.0 Release Notes