Visual Studio 2017 the popular IDE by Microsoft is a now available for macOS, enabling developers to build apps for mobile, web, and cloud with Xamarin and .NET Core, as well as games with Unity.
Visual Studio for Mac has everything you would expect from a modern IDE, including a full-featured source editor, code search and navigation, a powerful debugger, a customizable workspace, Git integration, and a rich extension system.
VS 2017 for Mac allows you to develop apps for Android, macOS, iOS, tvOS, watchOS, web, and cloud. With support for ASP.NET Core, you are empowered to create beautiful, modern web applications. Craft the front-end with the same web editor experience you know and love from Visual Studio and Windows and publish to the cloud directly from the IDE.
Visual Studio 2017 for Mac is available in three editions:
- Community - Free, fully-featured IDE for students, open-source and individual developers
- Professional - Professional developer tools, services, and subscription benefits for small teams
- Enterprise - End-to-end solution to meet demanding quality and scale needs of teams of all sizes
Buy Visual Studio 2017 for Mac and PC
Starting at $45 USD per month for Professional edition!
- Designed natively for the Mac
- Collaborate efficiently
- Deliver quality mobile apps
- Launch modern web apps
- Create intelligent services
- Build cross-platform games
- Manage your code in Git repos
- NuGet-based package management
- Support for F# out-of-the-box
Download Visual Studio for Mac
Download Community Edition
Download Professional Edition
Download Enterprise Edition
Last Update: August 14, 2017
Current Version: 18.104.22.1687
License: Freeware / Shareware
Languages: Multiple Languages
Supported Operating Systems:
Mac OS X 10.11 or later