uTorrent is a super-lightweight, ultra-efficient, feature-rich and fast torrent downloader client owned and developed by BitTorrent, Inc. It allows you to share files and bandwidth over the internet with the P2P (Peer-to-Peer) protocol.
uTorrent is the world's most popular BitTorrent client, most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in µTorrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT.
BitTorrent (often abbreviated to 'BT') is a protocol that allows you to download files quickly and efficiently. It is a peer to peer protocol, which means you download and upload to other people downloading the same file. BitTorrent is often used for distribution of large files or popular content as it is a cheap, fast, efficient way to distribute files to users like you.
µTorrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many other BitTorrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is very portable, being contained within a single executable small in file size.
uTorrent is offered in three editions: Free, Ad-free, and Pro. Ad-Free is an ad-free edition of the Basic Free version. The Pro is also ad-free but adds more features such as Automatic protection from viruses and malware; Premium customer support; Convert downloads to play on any device and Stream torrents instantly.
Buy uTorrent Pro at $19.95
Ad-free edition with extra advanced features!
µTorrent Key Features:
- Easy to use interface
- Low on system resources
- Trackerless support (Mainline DHT)
- Accessible from anywhere with uTorrent Remote
- Global and per-torrent speed limiting
- Configurable bandwidth scheduler
- Protocol Encryption
- RSS Downloader
Download for Windows Mirror #1
Download for Windows Mirror #2
Download for Mac OS X
Download for Linux
Last Update: June 22, 2017
Current Version: 184.108.40.206916
Languages: Multiple Languages
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Mac OS X 10.5 or later
Developer: BitTorrent, Inc.
- Bump version to 3.5.0 / 7.10.0
- Fix a bug that could have caused the webui to set an invalid port
- Update uTorrent Pro Antivirus integration.
- Remove old OpenCandy integration code
- Introduce a new uTorrent Pro payments partner: Nexway
- Fix broken in-client pro info page. Reachable via Help ->My Pro Account
- Fix bug that would cause Ad audio to incorrectly play when user is not using the client
- Allow muting of ad sound when moving mouse outside of Ad window
- Fix potential crash when activating a uTorrent Pro license
- Disable the ‘Install Teredo” button on Win 7 and higher. We no longer support Teredo on these systems
- Fix a potential XSS when attempting to pair remotely to a running client instance
- Fix memory leak when activating a uTorrent Pro key
- Fix a bug in the WebHelper process that would cause it to crash repeatedly
- Fix a connection handling bug that would cause torrents with webseeds to stall while downloading
- Fix a statusbar updating bug when a torrent with webseed peers would forcibly disconnect
- Add missing support for Windows 8 internal version checking
- Fix a DHT bug that would cause uTorrent to count and prioritize IPv6 IPs improperly
- Fix an onboarding bug that sometimes allowed the tooltip to persist even if uTorrent was minimized
- Add better handling and error reporting for activation server errors