Adobe Flash Player is a high-performance, lightweight, highly expressive browser-based client runtime, that delivers powerful and consistent user experiences across major operating systems, browsers, mobile phones and devices.
Adobe Flash Player is a cross-platform browser plug-in that delivers breakthrough web experiences and is installed on more than 98% of Internet-connected desktops. The Adobe Flash Player runtime lets you effortlessly reach over 1.3 billion people across browsers and OS versions with no install - 11 times more people than the best-selling hardware game console.
Adobe Flash Player explores a new architecture for high-performance 2D or 3D GPU hardware accelerated graphics rendering by Adobe, which provides low-level Stage3D APIs for advanced rendering in apps and gives framework developers classes of interactive experiences. Flash Player is optimized for high performance on mobile screens and designed to take advantage of native device capabilities, enabling richer, and more immerse user experiences.
Installed on over 750 million Internet-connected desktops and mobile devices, Flash Player enables organizations and individuals to build and deliver great digital experiences to their end users.
What is the difference between Adobe AIR and Flash Player?
The two Adobe Flash Platform runtimes are Flash Player and Adobe AIR. Flash Player is a highly expressive cross-platform runtime that works consistently across browsers. Flash Player delivers innovation within the browser, while AIR, a superset of Flash Player, enables the delivery of standalone applications that run outside the browser. Together, they provide a consistent runtime for delivering content that can easily move between the browser and native operating system context.
What is the difference between Flash Player and Adobe Shockwave Player?
- Flash Player displays content created with Flash Professional, such as web application front ends, high-impact website user interfaces, interactive online advertising, and animations and rich Internet applications (RIAs) created using Flex.
- Adobe Shockwave Player displays content created with Adobe Director software such as high-performance multiuser games, interactive 3D product simulations, online entertainment, and training applications. By using extensions, developers can extend the capabilities of Shockwave Player to play back custom-built applications.
- Advanced compression technology and multi-threaded video decoding
- Crisp artistic text, utilizing an advanced text rendering engine.
- Stage 3D accelerated graphics rendering.
- Blend modes, stroke enhancement and radial gradient.
- Play high-quality HD video with industry-standard codecs
- High efficiency SWF compression support
- Real-time dynamic effects
- Protected HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS)
- Enhanced mouse control
- Full-screen support
Download Adobe Flash Player Free
Download for all OS
Download Adobe Flash Player Debugger (for Developers)
Note: to uninstall Adobe Flash Player download Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller tool.
Last Update: September 12, 2017
Current Version: 184.108.40.206
Languages: Multiple Languages
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP SP3 / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Mac OS X 10.6 or later