CCleaner (or Crap Cleaner) is a popular PC optimization, privacy, and cleaning utility. It allows you to clean junk data that accumulates over time from your system - to free up valuable hard disk space, and to clean traces of your web online activities such as your internet browser history allowing you to be a more confident Internet user and less susceptible to identity theft. It's an advanced yet easy to use tool for all types of users both beginners and advanced.
CCleaner was developed by Piriform, a UK based company (that has been acquired by Avast, a cybersecurity software company). It was first launched in 2004 and has since grown in popularity. The standard, free edition has been downloaded more than 2.5 billion times and is considered an essential tool for anyone wanting to squeeze every last bit of performance out of their machine. Moreover, it has been reviewed by most popular software experts and tech sites and awarded by them.
As an optimization software, every aspect is aimed at improving PC performance. Piriform's cleaning tool offers a full arsenal of fully-featured tools including Registry Cleaner (remove unneeded entries in the Windows Registry), uninstaller tool (help remove unneeded programs), startup manager (select which programs start with Windows), disk analyzer, and disk wiper that allows you to wipe the free areas of your hard disk so deleted files can never be recovered.
In the latest versions, CCleaner has a new feature: a Software Updater, an update tool that automatically searches your PC for outdated software and updates all your apps with a few clicks. This special tool is used to reduce potential security risks and fix vulnerabilities in old software (that make your computer more open to attackers).
CCleaner is available in three editions for home users:
- CCleaner Standard - completely free edition and requires no license to be used.
- CCleaner Professional - a paid version which grants access to automatic silent cleaning, monitoring, updates and more.
- CCleaner Professional Plus - 4-in-1 cleaning & recovery bundle that includes CCleaner, Recuva, Speccy and Defraggler in their Pro editions.
CCleaner is also available in four editions for business users:
- CCleaner Cloud (1.09.3442) - for Small, Medium and Large Businesses, & Managed Service Providers. It gives you the power to clean and manage your PC optimization needs - from anywhere, at any time!
- CCleaner Business - for Small and Medium Businesses.
- CCleaner Technician - for IT Technician and Helpdesk.
- CCleaner Network Edition - for Medium or Large Enterprise.
- CCleaner Network Professional- for Medium or Large Enterprise.
Piriform provides 1 year licensing and priority technical support for all CCleaner Professional purchases. With this service, you receive the right to use this product on one or the specified number of PCs during the service period, which begins on license distribution.
For portable use, you can run CCleaner from a USB drive and take it with you for use on other computers. You can also use the program to create a list of all the programs you have installed on your PC, which is useful if you're upgrading or moving to another computer.
Buy Piriform CCleaner at 20% OFF.
Redeem exclusive CCleaner coupon code valid at Piriform store!
- Straightforward and simple interface
- Removes junk and unwanted files from different apps
- Deletes unused registry keys
- Finds files that take up most space
- More secure browsing
- Fewer crashes & system errors
- Disable startup programs
- Permanently delete files
- Auto Software Updater
- Real-time monitoring (Pro)
- Automatic updates (Pro)
- Automatic Browser Cleaning (Pro)
- Premium Support (Pro)
Download CCleaner Standard Builds
Download CCleaner Professional
Looking for Mac Version? CCleaner for Mac
Last Update: March 25, 2020
Latest Version: 5.65.7632
Languages: Multiple Languages
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Windows Server 2003 / Server 2008 / Server 2012 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Developer: Piriform Ltd
In this release, we have improved the behavior of notifications and enabled a preview feature for some paying users.
- Software Updates
- Added new menu: ‘Options’ > ‘Updates’
- Added new controls for automatic updates and update notifications