PotPlayer is a free advanced multimedia player for Windows, created by the same Korean author of The "KMPlayer", Kang Yong-Huee. Tis program is a modern player that supports almost every available video formats out there and contains built-in codecs, so there is no need to install codec packs manually. It has an extensive range of configurable options to choose from and lots of functionality.
Daum PotPlayer is a completely freeware app that contains no internal advertisements and various spyware. It's an alternative to other popular media players available for the Windows such as VLC media player, KMPlayer, SMPlayer and Media Player Classic.
Note: If you are facing problems playing certain media files such as AAC, AC3, TrueHD or DTS, you should download PotPlayer Codec Pack named "OpenCodec", for additional codecs.
- Minimalist, modern user interface
- High-quality playback with low resources usage.
- Support for all modern video and audio formats and DVD
- Internal DXVA video codecs (H.264/AVC, VC-1, MPEG2)
- WebCam/Analog/Digital TV devices support
- Immersive viewing experience with 3D
- Supports wide range of subtitle formats
- Capture audio, video, and screenshots
- Rich customization and Skins
Download PotPlayer Codec Pack (OpenCodec)
Last Update: December 10, 2020
Current Version: 1.7.21391.0
English, Korean, Chinese, Polish, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Serbian, Hungarian, German, Bulgarian, Spanish, Ukrainian, Persian
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Developer: Daum Communications
- Added the ability to display sound level of broadcast information
- Added the ability to rotate the screen according to the image ratio
- Added the ability to auto rotate the screen according to the ratio of image rotation
- Added the ability to repeat the previous/next subtitle/section
- Added the ability to save the broadcast as MKV, MP4, AVC formats
- Fixed an issue that appeared red when using D3D11 video renderer under certain conditions
- Fixed an issue that can't handle MPEG TS in TrueHD
- Fixed an issue that certain MPEG TS did not output videos
- Fixed an issue where the capture worked abnormally when using rotation
- Removed the AVI, OGV formats of the stored broadcasts
- Improved handling of shortcut (.lnk) files
- Fixed an issue that appeared strange colors in certain games with game capture
- Added some Closed Captions support
- Support time-shift function for rtmp, rtsp playback