ReSharper 2017 is a popular developer productivity extension for Microsoft Visual Studio developed by JetBrains. It automates most of what can be automated in your coding routines. It finds compiler errors, runtime errors, redundancies, code smells, and possible improvements right as you type, suggesting intelligent corrections for them.
JetBrains's development productivity extension helps you explore code by visualizing the structure of files, type and style hierarchies, call and value chains, project dependencies. It allows you to instantly traverse your entire solution and jump right to the exact file and line that you are looking for, decompiling library code if necessary.
Dozens of solution-wide refactorings are available to help you safely change your code base. Code formatting and cleanup features allow you to get rid of unused code and help your entire team to ensure compliance to coding standards.
Not only does ReSharper warn you when there's a problem in your code but it provides hundreds of quick-fixes to solve problems automatically. In most cases, you can select the best quick-fix from a variety of options.
You can spend less time on routine, repetitive manual work and instead focus on the task at hand. A robust set of features for automatic error-checking and code correction cuts development time and increases your efficiency. You'll find that ReSharper quickly pays back its cost in increased developer productivity and improved code quality. With this extension, .NET developers can truly experience what we mean when we say "Develop with pleasure!"
Considering the different needs of our users, JetBrains offer different products and licenses:
- ReSharper - Provides features for all supported languages and technologies, except C++, including cross-language functionality.
- ReSharper C++ - If you develop solely in C++, you can start enjoying ReSharper's extensive C++ capabilities without features related to other languages that are unnecessary to you.
- ReSharper Ultimate license - This license combines individual JetBrains .NET tools, allowing you to use ReSharper, ReSharper C++, as well as dotTrace, dotCover, and dotMemory.
Buy ReSharper Ultimate Subscription
- On-the-fly design-time code quality analysis
- Eliminate errors and code smells
- Multiple code editing helpers
- 2400+ code analysis rules (code inspections)
- Design-time error highlighting
- 1200+ quick-fixes to resolve code issue
- Naming and code style settings
- Solution-wide error/warning analysis
- 53 automated refactorings
- Compliance to coding standards
- Regular expressions assistance
- Command line tools
Last Update: August 25, 2017
Current Version: 2017.2
Languages: Multiple Languages
Visual Studio 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017
Developer: JetBrains s.r.o
- Support for .NET Core 2.0 in Visual Studio 2017 15.3. Your favorite code inspections, navigation actions and refactorings are now available in .NET Core 2.0 projects, including the new ASP.NET Core Razor Pages projects. Lots of .NET Core unit testing issues have been resolved along the way, and you can now run xUnit.net, NUnit or MSTest in your .NET Core 2.0 projects.
- Improved support for C# 7.0 including pattern matching and out variables, as well as initial support for C# 7.1: the default literal, tuple projection initializers, async main and pattern matching with generics.
- New code inspections around IEnumerable usage and XML documentation inheritance.
- Null checking preferences that let you tell ReSharper how you want it to introduce null checks when it generates code.
- Multiple navigation improvements, including search in any order, exact search, textual search in Go to Everything, and navigating to nearby files.
- Interactive tutorials to help you get started with ReSharper's functionality or get up to speed with features in new ReSharper releases.