UltraDefrag is a fast, advanced and reliable open-source disk defragmentation utility for Windows, that rearranges files on your disk so the operating system, applications, and games perform much better. It can quickly boost the performance of your computer.
When files consist of many little fragments scattered around the disk the computer needs more mechanical work to read them. Because of that, the disk access becomes slower. UltraDefrag reduces the file fragmentation, thus it makes disk operations faster.
Also, the program can optimize a whole disk by placing small files close to each other, sorted by path (or other criteria). After the disk optimization less mechanical work is needed to read groups of small files. This reduces startup times of many applications including web and photo browsers.
UltraDefrag supports defragmentation of locked system files by running during the boot process. It can defragment both FAT and NTFS disks with just a couple of restrictions: It cannot defragment FAT directories and defragment master file tables (MFT). Also, it can defragment your disks automatically so you won't need to take care about that yourself.
UltraDefrag is offered in two editions: Standard (Lifetime license for up to 3 computers), and Enterprise (lifetime license for an unlimited number of computers). Both Standard and Enterprise editions offer unlimited free updates.
- Easy to use GUI
- Ultra fast and reliable
- Automatic defragmentation
- Efficient defragmentation algorithms
- Safe environment preventing files corruption
- Defragmentation of locked paging and hibernation files
- System files defragmentation
- Powerful command line interface
- Boot Time Defragmentation
- Console interface for batch processing
- One Click Defragmentation via Explorer context menu
- HTML reports
Last Update: July 01, 2019
Current Version: 8.0.1
Languages: Multiple Languages
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / Server 2003 / Server 2008 / Server 2012 / Server 2016 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Developer: UltraDefrag Development Team
- graphical and command line tools were optimized for speed and size
- the following translations were updated: Arabic, Filipino (Tagalog), Iloko, Indonesian, Japanese, Ukrainian, Uzbek (Latin)