Looking to improve your web development productivity? You got to the right place! look around for useful and interesting online web development tools (web dev tools) suitable for both beginner and professional web professionals (webmasters, developers, marketers, designers, and system administrators), that will help you to improve your productivity, boost creativity, and learn how to become a better developer.
These tools allow you to test and debug (including simulating user browsing), improve your code and make it error-free (HTML, CSS, JS), which will result in a better user experience.
You should know that most popular web browsers (such as Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer) already have built-in tools for professional web development, which are offered for free and do not require additional modules or extensions, meaning you can use them right in the browser:
- Firefox – F12 Web Console / Browser Console (since Firefox 4)
- Google Chrome – Chrome Developer Tools (DevTools).
- Internet Explorer – F12 Web Developer Tools (since version 8)
- Microsoft Edge – F12 Web Developer Tools
- Opera – Opera Dragonfly
- Safari – Safari Web Development Tools (since version 3)
Website Speed Test & Performance Optimization
- Google PageSpeed Insights - A tool from Google that will analyze the content of your website, then generates suggestions to make that page faster.
- Web.Dev - See how well your website performs. Then, get tips to improve your user experience.
- GTmetrix - A free, comprehensive tool that analyzes your page's speed performance.
- Pingdom - A free Website Speed Test to analyze the load speed of your websites, and learn how to make them faster.
- WebPagetest - Run a free website speed test from around the globe using real browsers at consumer connection speeds with detailed optimization recommendations.
- Uptrends - Free Website Speed Test. Test your website performance in the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and IE.
- Varvy SEO Pagespeed - Find out what is slowing down your site.
- Dotcom-Monitor - Test your website speed from multiple locations worldwide.
- GiftofSpeed - Offer website speed test, tools and techniques to optimize page speed.
- KeyCDN Website Speed Test - A full page speed test that can be performed from 14 different locations around the world.
- KeyCDN Performance Test - Analyze your website performance (load times) on multiple areas across the globe.
- Sucuri Performance Test - Find how long it takes to connect to your site and for one page to fully load.
- Bitcatcha Server Speed Checker - Check what are your web hosting server response time.
- ByteCheck - Check responsiveness of your webserver and network resources.
- DNS-Map DNS Propagation Check - DNS lookup service for checking domain name server records against a randomly selected list of DNS servers in different corners of the world.
- Check-Host DNS - DNS checking is very usefull for monitoring domain of any website. It gets an entry for hostname or IP from nameservers in different countries at one time.
- ViewDNS - View a complete report on the DNS settings for your domain.
- DNS.Computer - Generate DNS audit for your domain.
- WhatsMyDNS - Perform a DNS lookup to check a domain names current IP address and DNS record information against multiple name servers located in different parts of the world.
- DNSChecker.ORG - Free DNS lookup service for checking domain name server records against a randomly selected list of DNS servers in different corners of the world.
- GlobalSign SSL Checker - Run deep analysis of the configuration of any SSL web server on the public Internet. Get a ranking on your SSL.
- SSLShopper SSL Checker - diagnose problems with your SSL certificate installation.
- Qualys SSL Test - Deep analysis of the configuration of any SSL web server on the public Internet.
- ImmuniWeb SSL Security Test - Web Server SSL Test, SSL Certificate Test and more.
- HTTPCS SSL Test - Check if your SSL Certificate is valid.
- GeoCerts SSL Checker - Verify that your SSL certificate is installed correctly on your server.
Security/Domain Reputation/Trust Checker
- Google Transparency Report - Safe Browsing is a service that Google's security team built to identify unsafe websites across the web and notify users of potential harm.
- VirusTotal - Analyze suspicious files and URLs to detect types of malware, automatically share them with the security community.
- Quttera Website Malware Scanner - Check your website for malware and vulnerability exploits online.
- Sucuri Malware Scanner - Check website for known malware, viruses, blacklisting status, website errors, and out-of-date software, and malicious code.
- ReScan.Pro Malware Scanner - Free website malware scanner that helps webmasters and website owners to check their sites for security issues and web-based malware.
- ImmuniWeb Website Security Test - GDPR & PCI DSS Test, Website CMS Security Test and more.
- UpGuard Website Security Scan - Free Website Security Test. Get a free risk assessment of that website.
- Mozilla Observatory - Scan your site and learn how to configure their sites safely and securely.
- Web Of Trust - for safety checks on any website based on community ratings, reviews, and ML algorithms.
- Norton Safe Web community - Reputation service from Symantec. Get your site ranked by the Norton Team.
- SiteSafety By TrendMicro - Analayze your website with one of the largest domain-reputation databases in the world.
- URLVoid - This service helps you detect potentially malicious websites. Analyze a website through 30+ blacklist engines.
- IPVOID - Check if a domain name is classified as potentially malicious or phishing by multiple well-known domain blacklists like ThreatLog, PhishTank, OpenPhish, etc.
- Security Headers - Get a security report of your headers.
- W3C Markup Validation Service - This validator checks the markup validity of Web documents in HTML, XHTML, SMIL, MathML, etc.
- Validator.nu - HTML5 Validator.
- FreeFormatter - Validates the HTML string/file for well-formedness and compliance with w3c standards.
- W3C CSS Validation Service - Validates Check Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and (X)HTML documents with style sheets.
- Can I use - Up-to-date browser support tables.
- ReadyMobi - Check if your website mobile ready.
- Responsinator - Check if your website is responsive.
- Google Mobile Friendly Test - Check if your webiste is mobile friendly.
- Responsive Design Checker - How responsive is your website.
- Screenfly - Test your website on any screen size including desktops, tablets, televisions, and mobile phones.
Minify, Compress and Resize
- Unused-CSS - Detect Unused CSS.
- ResizeImage - Free online image resizer.
- TinyJPG - Smart JPEG and PNG compression.
- Compress-or-Die - Online image compressor and resizer for design professionals.
- iLoveIMG Image Resizer - Resize JPG, PNG, SVG or GIF by defining new height and width pixels. Change image dimensions in bulk.
- Kraken Image Optimizer - Free Online Image Optimizer by Kraken.io, free edition offers only compressing of images.
Color Scheme and Element Generators
- Color Space - Enter a color and generate cool Color Palettes.
- Adobe Color CC - Create color schemes with the color wheel or browse thousands of color combinations from the Kuler community.
- Coolors - Super fast color schemes generator.
- Canva Colors - Design Wiki on Colors.
- Material Palette - Material Design Color Palette Generator.
- Color Safe - Generate Color Palettes.
- ColorMind - Color scheme generator.
- EnjoyCSS - advanced online CSS3 code generator With a simple graphical interface.
- CSS3 Button Generator - simple CSS3 button generator.
- LolColors - Curated color palette inspiration.
- CSS3Menu - Create free Drop Down Menu with pure CSS.
- CSS Button Generator - Create a Button with CSS.
- Button Generator - Create HTML and CSS Button Styles.
- 3D Ribbon Generator - A generator for beautiful 3D ribbons with pure CSS.
- Pixlr Editor - Online Photo Editor.
- Font Awesome - Popular and easy to use icon set and toolkit. Get vector icons and social logos on your website.
- Icons8 - Download free icons.
- IconFinder - Free and premium vector icons. 3+ million SVG icons.
- Noun Project - Over 2 Million curated icons, created by a global community.
- IconMonster - Free simple icons for your next project.
- Fontello - A tool to quickly pack vector images into webfonts.
- jsFiddle - playground for web developers, an online editor for web snippets. Helps to isolate bugs.
- TextMechanic - Find and Replace Text.
- Firefox Eyedropper - Build-in tool in Firefox that enables you to select colors in the current page.
- ColorZilla - Read colors from any point in the browser.
- WhatTheFont - Detect font from an image.
- WhatFont - Easily get font information about the text you are hovering on.
- Fount - Identify any web font you see in the browser.
- TWBSColor - Generate your own Bootstrap navbar.
- BuiltWith - Find out what websites are Built With.
- HTTPStatus - Easily check status codes, response headers, and redirect chains.
- SeoBook Server Header Checker - Show Server Headers for a Webpage.