WinSCP (Windows Secure Copy) is an award-winning, open source SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager and file synchronization functionality. For secure transfers, it uses Secure Shell (SSH) and supports the SCP protocol in addition to SFTP.
WinSCP is based on the implementation of the SSH protocol from PuTTY and FTP protocol from FileZilla. It is also available as a plugin for Altap Salamander file manager, and there exists a third-party plugin for the FAR file manager.
WinSCP can act as a remote editor. When the user clicks on a (text) file in the remote file manager, it transfers the file to the local machine and opens it in the integrated editor, where Windows users can feel very much at home. Alternatively, the user may choose local editors based on file extensions. Whenever the document is saved, the remote version is updated automatically
- Easy to use graphical user interface
- Integration with Windows
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Support for FTP and WebDAV protocols
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH
- Protects stored site information with master password
- .NET assembly for advanced programming tasks
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent)
- Support public key authentication
- Integrated text editor
- Directory synchronization
- Available as portable
Last Update: September 09, 2017
Current Version: 22.214.171.12425
License: Open Source
Croatian, Korean, French, Ukrainian, Dutch, Polish, Czech, Finnish, Italian, Catalan, English, Portuguese, Serbian, Chinese (Traditional), Swedish, Turkish, Indonesian, Malay, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Simplified), German, Japanese, Spanish, Russian, Hungarian, Norwegian.
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP SP2+ / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Windows Server 2003 / Server 2008 / Server 2012 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Developer: Simon Tatham
- Translation completed: Norwegian.
- Not closing an application when initial Login dialog is closed without opening session and Keep main window open when the last session is closed is on