AdwCleaner is a free anti-adware tool that will scan your computer and efficiently removes obnoxious programs that slow and impede your computer’s performance. It's able to detect Adware (ads software), PUP/LPI (Potentially Unwanted Programs), Toolbars, Hijacker (Hijack of the browser's homepage). Moreover, It also features anti-adware host that will help to prevent advertising software from installing on your machine.
AdwCleaner is developed by ToolsLib and acquired by Malwarebytes in October 2016. It's a popular product, installed over 200 million times, and used by consumers, technicians, and enterprises all over the globe.
- Simple user interface
- PUPs and adware removal functionality
- Toolbar removal functionality
- Restores performance
- Light footprint
Download Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Free
Last Update: August 30, 2017
Current Version: 184.108.40.206
Languages: Multiple Languages
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
- This release is a complete rewrite.
- [ADD] New graphical interface (responsive and easier to use)
- [ADD] New database format, with concept of family
- [ADD] Additional actions per family
- [ADD] Most of JRT technology now included
- [ADD] New database management system
- [ADD] Use of a CDN to provide database downloads
- [ADD] No longer dependant on 3rd parties dll
- [ADD] In-App updater
- [ADD] "Submit samples" menu entry
- [UPD] Database 2017-07-17.1
- [UPD] Updated Generic detections
- [UPD] All cleaning modules are more powerful against various system and permissions issues
- [UPD] Remediation for browsers faster and no longer corrupt preferences.
- [UPD] Scan faster by 15 to 25%
- [UPD] Translations coverage improved
- [UPD] Handling of process killing
- [UPD] Quarantine format, now more robust.
- [BUG] No longer dependant on sqlite3.dll
- [BUG] Fixed GUI not displaying any graphics in a few cases