OpenShot Video Editor is a free, cross-platform and open-source video editor built with Python, GTK, and the MLT Framework - that designed with a focus on "User Interface", "Work flow", and "Stability".
OpenShot Video Editor feature-rich editor can take your videos, photos, and music files and help you create the film you have always dreamed of. Easily add sub-titles, transitions, and effects, and then export your film to DVD, YouTube, Vimeo, Xbox 360, and many other common formats.
OpenShot Video Editor is based on FFmpeg which allows support for commonly used codecs like WebM (VP9), AVCHD (libx264), HEVC (libx265) and audio codecs like mp3 (libmp3lame) and aac (libfaac). The program can render Blu-ray and DVD video, and Full HD videos for uploading to internet video websites.
- User-friendly interface
- Trim and arrange videos, audio, and images
- Support for most video, audio, and image formats
- Powerful curve-based Key Frame animations
- 3D animated titles and simulations
- Unlimited video and audio tracks
- Compositing, image overlays, watermarks
- Video transitions with real-time previews
- Gnome integration (drag and drop support)
- Title templates, title creation, sub-titles
- And much more...
Last Update: March 03, 2020
Current Version: 2.5.1
Languages: Multiple Languages
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Mac OS X 10.9 or later
Developer: Jonathan Thomas