Avira Antivirus Pro is a comprehensive antivirus software for Windows and Mac OS X, that secures your data, protects your privacy, and keeps your PC malware-free. It's the quick and easy way to protect yourself from online threats - without all the hassle. Avira offers best-in-class technologies such as Smart A.I. - a unique, deep-learning algorithms that protect you from the latest threats and "Intelligent Repair System" - a technology that repairs damage caused by malware to your files.
Avira's Antivirus program also features a Protection Cloud Technology, an early-warning system that anonymously analyzes unknown files in the cloud, from millions of users, to protect you from threats as they emerge in real-time. Furthermore, Avira also include Anti-Ransomware protection that stops ransomware before it can do you any harm. Avira blocks 1 million+ ransomware attempts every month, averting damages of over 600€ per attack.
Avira’s antivirus technology is trusted by more than 100 millions users and has earned the industry’s best scores for detection, usability, self-defense, repair, and low system impact.
Note: Avira Antivirus Pro 2017 is a shareware app that is also available in a free edition - Avira Free Antivirus.
Buy Avira Antivirus Pro at 35% OFF
Grab special Avira deal valid at official Avira store!
- Award-winning virus engine
- Stops ransomware & other threats
- Scans unknown files in real-time
- Blocks phishing & infected sites
- Avira Intelligent Repair System
- Protection Cloud Technology
- Secure banking/shopping
- Anti-Botnet Technology
- User-friendly interface
- Low system impact
- Email Protection
Download Avira Antivirus Pro 2017
Download for Windows (Online Installer)
Download for Windows (Offline Installer)
Download for Mac OS X
Last Update: September 18, 2017
18.104.22.168 (Windows) / 22.214.171.124 (Mac OS X)
Languages: Multiple Languages
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Mac OS X 10.11 or later
Developer: Avira Operations GmbH & Co. KG.
- Rework the user interface flow of update in case predictable reboots.
- New Scanner (shell extension scanner) writes specific warnings from AIRS, Engine and LocalDecider into the scanner log file (separate log files for each scan session).
- New Scanner users can scan their EFS-encrypted files.
- Fixed AVIRA IPC Server Multiple Out-of-bounds Write Vulnerabilities.
- Improved process protection for scanui.exe. (It was possible to kill scanui.exe with Process Protection option active).
- Several New Scanner (shell extension scanner) fixes.
- Fixed unresponsive system due to Real-Time Protection re-initialization.
- Fixed possible hanging / frozen system on Windows 10 RS1 if Antivirus is installed.
- Fixed Real-Time Protection crash on Windows 10 RS2.
- Improved IPM handling in special circumstances.