FileOptimizer is an advanced, all-in-one file optimizer/compression tool featuring a lossless (no quality loss) file size reduction. It supports more than 400 file types, and has more than 90 third-party file compression plugins built-in, allowing you to get the best possible results.
The program is suitable for home users that need to speed up file transfers no matter if they are in email attachments, P2P or shared upload servers. It's also suitable for webmasters/web developers that need to increase the page load speed and reduce content weight.
The program is very easy to use, just drag and drop the files you want to optimize, right click with the mouse to open the contextual menu, and then click on Optimize. This will process all supported files added, and overwrite them with the optimized version.
By default, FileOptimizer will remove additional metadata, and other unneeded information, but will keep original files in your recycle bin just in case you want to further modify the originals.
- All-in-one compression solution
- Support more than 400 file extensions
- Integrates more than 45 third party tools/plugins
- Smart detection of file types by analyzing its contents
- Simple, easy to use user interface
- Automation via command-line
Last Update: October 15, 2018
Current Version: 13.30.2393
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / Server 2008 / Server 2012 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Developer: Javier Gutierrez Chamorro
- Expanded Options window to fit all missing INI directives.
- Added optional toolbar with menu icons (trlkly).
- Added Add folder option (bl3uge).
- Added detected filetype under extension column in file list, when its extension is not know.
- Accurated file listings. Only supported files will be added to the grid.
- Reworked About window to be more colorful.
- Added donator information displayed in Information box. You can enter your donator email in Options->Appearance->Donator.
- Improved a lot grid performance (listing, sorting, removing, clearing, adding, ...).
- Speededup duplicates check when adding items to the grid, which is now exponentially faster (20 times faster for 10,000 files).
- Added ImageMagick to the GIF toolchain.
- Added ClearWhenComplete=false INI setting to autoclear file list when optimization completes (Lanette Fidrych).
- Added TARGA (TGA ICB, VDA, and VST) toolchain, and TGA detection by contents.
- Added YUV, YCBCRA, YCBCR, X, UYVY, SUN, SGI, RFG, RGB, RGBA, PTIF, PCL, PCLS, MTV, MVG, MSL, MPR, MPC, MONO, J2C, J2K, INLINE, GRAY, FPX, FAX, EPDF, DPX, DDS, CMYK, CMYKA, CIN, BPG, ART to the ImageMagick toolchain.
- Reenabled Embarcadero's Luna, Metropolis and Windows 10 themes removed in FileOptimizer 9.10, because they work fine again with Windows 10 Anniversary and later. Made Windows theme default, because it is stabler and faster.
- Fixed themes hidding main user interface when executed via command-line.
- Formatted numbers, sizes and times according to locale settings.
- Fixed that double-clicking on fixed columns could open selected file.
- When multiple instances are allowed, FO will not warn anymore about Optimization still running, nor kill plugin processes.
- Made MessageBoxes autoclose after 30 seconds (Devedse).
- Rewritten update check to use POST.
- Better 7z SFX detection.
- Made INI processing safer.
- Expanded contextual menu with more new commands.
- Reenabled ECT on APNG files (fhanau).
- Reduced a bit the quality loss allowed when lossy compression is enabled to improve ratio.
- Disabled ECT in MP3 toolchain, because it is not compiled with that module (fhanau).
- Fixed version display in About window, and show internal compiler version.
- Fixed MPEG recompression when more than one audio stream existed (AlexNG).
- Tweaked the Information window.
- Added Aero's glass frame to all windows.
- Minor usability improvements.
- Added FLAC codec to the FLAC toolchain to recompress them (AlexNG).
- Only use flacout in FileOptimizer compression levels 9, because it is slow (AlexNG).
- Removed PCXLite because it contains bugs, and is not needed with ImageMagick.
- Better Ghostcript processing (Adventurer).
- Removed fix for missing BTHPROPS.CPL and BLUETOOTHAPIS.DLL error on Wine by making them delay loaded on Win32 binaries to overcome C++ Builder XE7 bug, which is solved since C++ Builder 10.0 (trlkly).
- Reduced 7z EXE SFX in the portable distribution in 105 KB., becasuse extractor is now UPX'ed.
- Updated cpdf to 2.2 patchlevel 1.
- Updated mkclean to 0.8.10.
- Enabled ImageMagick for JPEG processing when lossy is permitted.
- Updated gifsicle to 1.90 (custom build).
- Updated to ECT 0.8.2 (a9cb2da) x86 and x64 daily optimized builds (thanks Malloc Voidstar).
- Updated ffmpeg to 3.3.3.
- Updated SQLite to 3.20.1 x86 and x64 Visual C++ 2017 custom builds.
- Updated pngquant to 2.10.1.
- Updated ImageMagick to 184.108.40.206 with HDRI support.
- Upgraded distributions to 7-Zip 17.01.
- Updated to NSIS 3.02.1.
- Updated to cppcheck 1.80.
- Some minor optimizations and code cleanup.