Blender is the free and open source 3D creation suite that supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline – modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, even video editing and game creation.
Blender is a public project, made by hundreds of people from around the world – by studios and individual artists, professionals and hobbyists, scientists, students, VFX experts, animators, game artists, modders, and the list goes on.
Blender has a wide variety of tools, making it suitable for almost any sort of media production. People and studios around the world use it for hobby projects, commercials, feature films, games and other interactive applications like kiosks, games and scientific research.
Blender makes it possible to perform a wide range of tasks, and it may seem daunting when first trying to grasp the basics. However, with a bit of motivation and the right learning material, it is possible to familiarize yourself with Blender after a few hours of practice.
Blender’s comprehensive array of modeling tools make creating, transforming and editing your models a breeze:
- Full N-Gon support
- Edge slide, inset, grid and bridge fill, and more
- Advanced sculpting tools and brushes
- Multi-resolution and Dynamic subdivision
- 3D painting with textured brushes and masking
- Python scripting for custom tools and add-ons
Blender is free to use. You are free to use the program, for any purpose, You are free to distribute, You are free to share. Free to change. Free to sell your work. Blender is an open source project licensed under the GNU GPL. All code is written in C, C++ and Python.
- Flexible user interface
- Powerful unbiased rendering engine
- Comprehensive array of modeling tools
- Complete node support for full customization
- Physically accurate shaders like glass, translucency and SSS
- Open Shading Language (OSL) support for coding unique shaders
- Production ready camera and object tracking
- Includes a complete game engine
- Built-in fully fledged compositor
- Impressive set of rigging tools
- Built-in Video Editor
- Amazing simulations
- Animation toolset
- And much more…
Download Blender Installer
Download for Mac OS X (Intel)
Download for Mac OS X (Apple Silicon)
Download for Linux x64
Download Blender Portable
Last Update: December 21, 2022
Current Version: 3.4.1
Languages: Multiple Languages
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Mac OS X 10.6 or later
Developer: Blender Foundation