Shark007 Codecs (formerly Win7codecs, Windows 8 Codecs, STANDARD Codecs or ADVANCED Codecs) is a complete and professional collection created from video and audio codecs for Windows 7, 8, and 10. Codecs are necessary when you want to play certain media files that are not natively supported by the Windows operating system. With this codec package, you can get better support for media files and enjoy high-quality audio and video on your PC, without the struggle of searching for the right codecs.
Even multimedia enthusiasts will be able to watch movies in any format and also listen to almost every type of audio file. In addition, you also have dedicated features like MKV playback, preview panes, full-color thumbnails, and many others.
Shark007 Codecs has its own configuration panel that helps you browse through tabs to find the desired options. The WMP can be set to 64-bit or 32-bit mode, and you can also choose to enable the default renderer, modify subtitle parameters, stop the LAV splitter or the Icaros explorer and initiate the MC Sharpen features.
One of the major advantages of Shark007 Codecs is that it integrates very well with any video or audio playback tools. It doesn’t have any compatibility issues and helps you enjoy any kind of video and audio file you want without crashes. The Shark007 Codecs offer an all-inclusive package of audio and video codecs that fully support a wide range of formats, including XVID, OGM, OGG, OGV, OFR, MPC, AMR, MKA, DIVX, MKV, FLV, EVO, FLAC, APE, RMVB, and many more. Support for all these formats is provided during the installation process without the user having to touch any button or select any features himself.
One of the top advantages of Shark007 Codecs package is that once installed, it will run most types of video and audio content. It will help run 4K videos, HDR-focused content. It can also work for 3D decoding, and it delivers outstanding video quality and support.
Shark007 Codecs offers complete support for DirectVobSub controls, but at the same time, you can also choose to have no subtitles. It’s a simple way for you to choose how to view the content and what can be seen without changing anything in the playback program.
The tool is also making it easy for every user to change the desired hardware output. What that means is you can have either a flat panel output as a default or a CRT/projector output supported right from the start. It’s all designed to offer a clever and more seamless user experience.
The Shark007 Codecs package is helpful for everyone that wants to enjoy high-quality audio and video on their computer. With its help, you receive outstanding support for the most popular video and audio formats free of charge and without the need to make any adjustments or tweaks to enjoy your media content immediately!
Note: As to avoid any incompatibility, the installer automatically removes most other codec software you may have installed (Full list). It does not contain a media player, and it does not associate file-types.
- Full-color thumbnails including FLV’s and 10bit MKV’s.
- Complete support for 3D decoding, HDR, SDR and 4K
- Support for the most popular video and audio formats
- Seamless software integration
- Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
- Explorer properties are displayed for non-native file types such as MKV and FLV
- Updated often – and has update notification built in
- Allow use of the PowerDVD decoders for 32bit LiveTV in Media Center.
- Support playback of MKV files on Extenders and on the Xbox One.
- Support use of the LAV filters with the Play To function for MKV files.
- Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
- Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
- Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
- Functionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker built-in.
- Support ‘Add to Windows Media Player List’ using rightclick on all files such as MKV.H264 / AVC, hi10p / HEVC codecs are activated by default for use by all players.
Download Shark007 Codecs
# Since version 17.5, the STANDARD and ADVANCED editions have been deprecated and replaced by the Shark007 Codecs Installer. 32-bit releases have been discontinued.
Last Update: February 12, 2024
Arabic, Chinese Simplified/Traditional, Japanese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Polish, Swedish, Turkish
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / 11
- update LAV filters 0.77.2.2
- update MediaInfo DLL v23.7
- update MPC-BE filters 188.8.131.52
- update VSFilter (DirectVobSub) 184.108.40.206
- update XySubFilter (ASS support) 220.127.116.114
- update Icaros 3.3.1 Beta 1