FileOptimizer is an advanced, all-in-one file optimizer/compression tool featuring a lossless (no quality loss) file size reduction. It supports more than 275 file types, and has more than 45 third-party file compression plugins built-in, allowing you to get the best possible results.
FileOptimizer is suitable for home users that need to speed up file transfers no matter if they are in email attachments, P2P or shared upload servers. It's also suitable for webmasters/web developers that need to increase the page load speed and reduce content weight.
The program is very easy to use, just drag and drop the files you want to optimize, right click with the mouse to open the contextual menu, and then click on Optimize. This will process all supported files added, and overwrite them with the optimized version.
By default, FileOptimizer will remove additional metadata, and other unneeded information, but will keep original files in your recycle bin just in case you want to further modify the originals.
FileOptimizer Key Features:
- All-in-one compression solution
- Support more than 275 file extensions
- Integrates more than 45 third party tools/plugins
- Smart detection of file types by analyzing its contents
- Simple, easy to use user interface
Last Update: February 18, 2017
Current Version: 9.60.1708
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / Server 2008 / Server 2012 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Developer: Javier Gutierrez Chamorro
- Brand new FileOptimizer icon (Thanks Dorel Megaleechers.com).
- Added descriptions in INI file to make it easier and safer to be modified.
- Migrated from smpdf to cpdf (maadjordan).
- Fixed a bug that could show optimized sizes larger than original, when the plugin execution increased it. It was only cosmetic, and optimized size, never was larger (Pepper Andrino).
- Ghostrcript is automatically disabled when no downsampling is selected, because it is always downsampling images even if -dDownsampleColorImages=false -dDownsampleGrayImages=false
- dDownsampleMonoImages=false are specified (olavrb).
- Make sure TempDirectory is created to avoid certain plugins crash (Newtomic).
- Patched Guetzli and Mutool plugins to be compatible with Windows XP (thanks Jaff for the patch).
- Switched to libwebp without WIC codes to keep Windows XP compatibility (Jaff).
- Fixed not properly passing PDF profile to Ghostcript (#9 Runer112).
- Updated UPX to 3.93.
- Updated libwebp to 0.6.0 RC3.
- Updated mozjpeg to 3.2 (Thanks AiZ).
- Updated Leanify to 0.4.3.180 daily binaries.
- Updated ImageMagick 184.108.40.206 with HDRI support.
- Updated pingo to 0.59.
- Updated pngquant to 2.8.1 (dado023).
- Some minor optimizations and code cleanup.