Folder Guard is a security software tool for Windows that lets you control access to your sensitive data, to stop other users from peeking into your records. If you share your computer with your business colleagues, family, or roommates you can use the program to lock your personal files and folders with passwords, restrict access to Control Panel and even to completely hide your private folders from virtually all applications, and such folders would remain invisible until you enter a valid password.
FolderGuard protects your files without encrypting them. It means that there is no danger of losing your documents if you lose your encryption key: with this special tool, all your files remain intact, without modification of any kind. Additionally, it features a special “stealth mode”, to hide its own files and shortcuts from being seen by other users.
Furthermore, you can choose a specific keyboard combination as the hot key of Folder Guard, to be able to quickly pause and resume the protection of your computer. Of course, the "hot key" is protected with your password, and only you can use it!
Folder Guard is a shareware software available in three editions:
- Home – for up to 2 computers and home, personal use only.
- Professional – for up to 3 computers and business or home use.
- Office – for up to 10 computers and business or home use.
- Hide any folders or files
- Lock private folders with passwords
- Restrict access to files by their type
- Protect your data from modifications
- Password-protect an unlimited number of folders
- Restrict access to the USB, CD-ROM and other removable drives
- Set up passwords for the shared folders
- Control access to external drives
- Disable Control Panel
Last Update: October 23, 2022
Current Version: 188.8.131.5260
Languages: Multiple Languages
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 7 SP1 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 / 11 / Server 2008 / Server 2012 / Server 2016 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Developer: WinAbility Software Corp.
- This update offers several minor improvements and corrections.