Parallels Desktop for Mac is a hardware emulation virtualization software for Macintosh computers, trusted by over 7 million users worldwide. It’s a fast, easy, and powerful way to run Windows, Linux and other popular operating systems applications on your Mac – without rebooting and slowing down your Mac. Whether you’re a home user, a business professional, a student, or a passionate gamer, the Parallels’s software enables one Mac to handle all of your computing needs.
The program gives Apple users the ability to run Windows, Linux or any other operating system and their critical applications at the same time as Mac OS X on any Intel-powered iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook or MacBook Pro. As for the latest version is offers: Support for DirectX 11, new virtualized hardware, macOS Catalina (10.15) Support and more.
Parallels Desktop for Mac is optimized for Windows 10 and macOS Sierra, it is Ready for macOS High Sierra and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Moreover, It includes Parallels Toolbox, a full suite of 30+ one-touch tools that simplify everyday tasks — featuring Clean Drive, Video Downloader, Hide Desktop and more – all with the touch of a button.>Parallels Desktop provides Mac Touch Bar integration for Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as browsers including Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera.
Additionally, when you are using the Windows Start Menu or Desktop, Parallels Desktop features Taskbar pinned elements, along with Cortana, Task View and settings in the Touch Bar. Thousands of other Windows applications that run in Parallels Desktop can quickly be customized with popular Touch Bar actions, if the default set of functional keys is not enough.
Furthermore, Parallels Desktop innovations include Picture-in-Picture (PiP) View, a feature which creates windows of other active VMs, which are always visible on top, even when a Mac app is in Full Screen mode. Now, it is easy to monitor and work on multiple operating systems (OS) and their applications simultaneously on one screen, or watch a video while switching between macOS spaces and applications. PiP View joins popular Parallels Desktop customization settings such as Coherence (Windows is invisible while using Windows apps on a Mac), Full Screen mode, and Window mode (Windows in a window in macOS).
Parallels Desktop for Mac is offered in three editions (Compare Editions):
- Standard Edition – for home & student users.
- Pro Edition – for professionals, developers, designers, testers, power users and small teams.
- Business Edition – standard features, plus 24/7 premium email and phone support. Ideal for IT admins needing unified licensing options.
For professional and business customers, it’s recommended to use Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition and Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition. They offer the same features as the Standard Edition plus Virtual Platform Trusted Module (vTPM) and added additional features especially for IT admins.
- Easy switch from PC to your Mac without rebooting
- Run Windows and Mac applications side by side
- Convenient, in-product purchase of Windows 10
- 30+ one-touch tools, including top-rated presentation mode
- Use Cortana, the Microsoft speech-enabled virtual assistant
- Quickly perform dozens of essential daily tasks on your Mac
- Versatile for home, office, and school
- Run a wide array of operating systems
- One-click tuning to optimize performance
- 500 GB of online backup storage (for 1 year)
- Touch Bar Support for Windows Applications
- Ready for macOS High Sierra
- Uncompromised performance
Download Parallels Desktop for Mac v18
Download Trial (Image)
Download Parallels Desktop for Mac v17
Download Parallels Desktop for Mac v16
Download Parallels Desktop for Mac v15
Download Parallels Desktop for Mac v14
Last Update: May 22, 2023
Languages: Multiple Languages
Supported Operating Systems:
Mac OS X 10.14.6 or later
Developer: Parallels International GmbH.