LibreOffice is a powerful open-source office suite for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux, that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs: Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base. It also comes configured with a PDF file creator, meaning you can distribute documents that you’re sure can be opened and read by users of almost any computing device or operating system.
LibreOffice is a great alternative to the shareware Microsoft Office suite and is free for any purpose you like, including commercial, government, public administration and educational use. Libre Office requires a recent version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) for full functionality.
- Writer is a word processor. Use it for everything, from dashing off a quick letter to producing an entire book with tables of contents, embedded illustrations, bibliographies and diagrams.
- Calc tames your numbers and helps with difficult decisions when you’re weighing the alternatives.
- Impress is the fastest and easiest way to create effective multimedia presentations.
- Draw: lets you build diagrams and sketches from scratch. A picture is worth a thousand words, so why not try something simple with box and line diagrams
- Base is the database front-end of the LibreOffice suite.
- Math is a simple equation editor that lets you lay-out and display your mathematical, chemical, electrical or scientific equations quickly in standard written notation.
Fresh vs. Still Version?
- The ‘Fresh’ version provides more new features and is closer to what’s being actively developed in their source code repository
- The ‘Still’ version can offer greater stability for those people who don’t need any of the latest and greatest improvements to LibreOffice.
Download LibreOffice Fresh Branch (for technology enthusiasts)
Download for Windows x64
Download for Mac OS X
Download for Linux
Download LibreOffice Still Branch v7.2.5 (for enterprises)
Download for x64
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Mac OS X 10.8 or later
Linux Developer: The Document Foundation Homepage: LibreOffice.org