Oracle VM VirtualBox (formerly Sun VirtualBox, Sun xVM VirtualBox and Innotek VirtualBox) is a powerful, free cross-platform virtualization application for enterprise as well as home use developed by Oracle Corporation. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is now the only professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.
VirtualBox extends the capabilities of your existing computer so that it can run multiple operating systems (inside multiple virtual machines) at the same time. So, for example, you can run Windows and Linux on your Mac, run Windows Server 2008 on your Linux server, run Linux on your Windows PC, and so on, all alongside your existing applications. You can install and run as many virtual machines as you like – the only practical limits are disk space and memory.
- Feature rich, high-performance virtualization solution
- Well-defined internal programming interfaces
- Guest Additions for Windows, Linux and Solaris
- Easy data exchange between hosts and guests
- Virtual machine descriptions in XML
- Simple yet also very powerful
- Extremely modular design
Download Oracle VM VirtualBox
Download for Mac OS X
Download for Linux
Last Update: September 02, 2022
Current Version: 18.104.22.168438
Languages: Multiple Languages
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Mac OS X
Developer: Oracle Corporation
- GUI: mouse events did not reach host windows behind the transparent VM window (Mac OS X hosts only; bug #16246)
- Audio: fixed accidental crashes when using the AC’97 sound emulation (bug #16959)
- Audio: fixed crash when default input or output devices have changed (bugs #16968, #16969, #17004)
- Audio: fixed recording when using the ALSA backend
- Audio: fixed handle leak when using the OSS backend
- E1000: fixed a crash related to VLAN traffic over internal network (5.1.26 regression; bug #16960)
- NAT: apply –natbindip1 to TCP connections (bug #16478)
- OVF: when importing an appliance with XHCI controller, don’t add an OHCI controller.
- Mac OS X hosts: fixed a GUI crash if Spotlight is used from file dialogs (5.1.20 regression; bugs #16935, #16953)
- Linux hosts: fixed creating fixed sized VDI images (bug #17010)
- Linux hosts / guests: fixes for Linux 4.4 of openSUSE Leap 42.3 (bug #16966)
- Bridged networking: align outgoing packet at word boundary, preventing Windows host crash in MsLbfoProvider.
- Linux Additions: kernel drm driver support for custom EL7 Linux 3.10 kernel
- Solaris Additions: hide an informational message on the bootup console