SketchUp is an easy-to-use 3D modeling and drawing tool, that lets you create 3D models of anything you can imagine: houses, sheds, decks, home additions, woodworking projects – even spaceships. You can add details, textures, and glass to your models, and design with dimensional accuracy.
SketchUp is a great way to discover if 3D modeling is right for you. It’s useful from the earliest stages of design to the end of construction. Programming, diagramming, design development, detailing, documentation, RFIs – wherever you need drawings, you need SketchUp. It can be used on its own or as a Google Earth plug-in.Get hundreds of add-on tools built to solve the kind of modeling problems that might otherwise leave you scratching your head.
SketchUp is available in three editions:
- SketchUp for Web – Web-based 3D modeling.
- SketchUp Make – Free for educational and personal use and offer limited functionality.
- SketchUp Pro – Full version with all features unlocked suitable for both personal and commercial use.
- Powerful yet easy to use
- Draw, modify, measure, rotate, and scale geometry
- Create accurate, highly-detailed models
- Generate presentation documents
- Create compelling walkthroughs
- Add labels/information to your designs
- Perform shade studies and add realism
- Quickly go from 2D to 3D
- Import 2D images and 3D models
- Export your models to Google Earth
- Export TIFF, JPEG, and PNG
- See inside your models
- Print your models
Download SketchUp Make Edition
Download for Mac OS X
Note: After installing SketchUp Make, it will be activated with the Professional edition for 30 days trial period. After that, the software will automatically switch to the free version.
Last Update: September 19, 2017
Current Version: 17.2.2555 (Windows) / 17.3.116 (Mac OS X)
License: Freeware (for non-commercial use) / Shareware
Languages: English, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Mac OS X 10.10-10.13
Developer: Trimble Inc.