CCleaner (or Crap Cleaner) is a popular PC optimization, privacy, and cleaning utility. It allows you to clean junk data that accumulates over time from your system – to free up valuable hard disk space, and to clean traces of your web online activities such as your internet browser history, allowing you to be a more confident Internet user and less susceptible to identity theft. It’s an advanced yet easy to use tool for all types of users both beginners and advanced.
CCleaner was developed by Piriform, a UK based company (that has been acquired by Avast, a cybersecurity software company). It was first launched in 2004 and has since grown in popularity. The standard, free edition has been downloaded more than 2.5 billion times and is considered an essential tool for anyone wanting to squeeze every last bit of performance out of their machine. Moreover, it has been reviewed by most popular software experts and tech sites and awarded by them.
- Registry Cleaner – Removes unneeded entries in the Windows Registry
- Uninstaller Tool – Removes unneeded programs on your computer
- Startup Manager – Select which programs start with Windows
- Disk Analyzer – Find out which files takes most the of your hard drive space
- Disk Wiper – Wipe sections on your hard disk so deleted files can never be recovered
- Software Updater – Check for outdated software on your PC
- Duplicate Finder – Search for duplicate files and remove them
- System Restore – Easily restore your computer to earlier state
- Browser Plugins – Easily manage your browsers plugins
In the latest versions, Piriform’s cleaning tool has a new feature: a Software Updater, an update tool that automatically searches your PC for outdated software and updates all your apps with a few clicks. This special tool is used to reduce potential security risks and fix vulnerabilities in old software (that make your computer more open to attackers).CCleaner is available in three editions for home users:
- CCleaner Standard – completely free edition and requires no license to be used.
- CCleaner Professional – a paid version which grants access to automatic silent cleaning, monitoring, updates, and more.
- CCleaner Professional Plus – 4-in-1 cleaning & recovery bundle that includes CCleaner, Recuva, Speccy, and Defraggler in their Pro editions.
- CCleaner Cloud – for Small, Medium and Large Businesses, & Managed Service Providers. It gives you the power to clean and manage your PC optimization needs – from anywhere, at any time!
- CCleaner Business – for Small and Medium Businesses.
- CCleaner Technician – for IT Technician and Helpdesk.
- CCleaner Network Edition – for Medium or Large Enterprise.
- CCleaner Network Professional- for Medium or Large Enterprise.
Piriform provides 1 year licensing and priority technical support for all purchases. With this service, you receive the right to use this product on one or a specified number of PCs during the service period, which begins on license distribution.For portable use, you can run the tool from a USB drive and take it with you for use on other computers. You can also use the program to create a list of all the programs you have installed on your PC, which is useful if you’re upgrading or moving to another computer.
- Straightforward and simple interface
- Removes junk and unwanted files from different apps
- Deletes unused registry keys
- Finds files that take up most space
- More secure browsing
- Fewer crashes & system errors
- Disable startup programs
- Permanently delete files
- Auto Software Updater
- Real-time monitoring (Pro only)
- Automatic updates (Pro only)
- Automatic Browser Cleaning (Pro only)
- Premium Support (Pro only)
Download CCleaner Standard Builds
Download Slim (No Toolbar)
Download CCleaner Professional
Download CCleaner Professional Plus
Last Update: November 23, 2023
License: Freeware / Shareware (Freemium)
Languages: Multiple Languages
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Windows Server 2003 / Server 2008 / Server 2012 (32-Bit, 64-Bit)
Developer: Piriform Ltd
- Software Updates
- Added new menu: ‘Options’ > ‘Updates’
- Added new controls for automatic updates and update notifications